This document describes in detail how the "Problem -Reaction - Solution " model is applied to achieve a desired psychological effect that justifies military intervention/ventures in Countries who's assets are desired by US interests. All through terrorist acts committed not by an international threat but by rogue elements within certain areas of our Government and the institutions associated ,by design, with them to promote an agenda.
Does any of this sound familiar....?
View large image here (click)
"3. This plan, incorporating projects selected from the attached suggestions, or from other sources, should be developed to focus all efforts on a specific ultimate objective which would provide adequate justification for US military intervention. Such a plan would enable a logical build-up of incidents to be combined with other seemingly unrelated events to camouflage the ultimate objective and create the necessary impression of Cuban(Mexican) rashness and irresponsibility on a large scale, directed at other countries as well as the United States. The plan would also properly integrate and time phase the courses of action to be pursued. The desired resultant from the
execution of this plan would be to place the United States in the apparent position of suffering defensible grievances from a rash and irresponsible government of Cuba(Mexican) and to develop an international image of a Cuban(Mexican) threat to peace in the Western Hemisphere.
5. Inasmuch as the ultimate objective is overt military intervention, it is recommeded that primary responsibility for developing military and para-military aspects of the plan for both overt and covert military operations be assigned the Joint Chiefs of Staff.
Replacing the country of Cuba with Mexico make it easier to see?
From page 10/15
PRETEXTS TO JUSTIFY US MILITARY INTERVENTION IN CUBA
(Note: The courses of action which follow are a preliminarysubmission suitable only for planning purposes '. They arearranged neither chronologically nor in ascenaing order.Together with similar Inputs from other agencies, they areintended to provide a point of departure for the developmentof a single, Integrated, time-phased plan. Such a plan wouldpermit the evaluation of individual projects within the contextof cumulative, correlated actions designed to lead inexorablyto the objective of adequate Justification for US militaryintervention In Cuba).
1. Since it would seem desirable to use legitimateprovocation as the basis for US military intervention in Cubaa cover and deception plan, to include requisite preliminaryactions such as has been developed in response to Task 33 o,could be executed as an initial effort to provoke Cubanreactions. Harassment plus deceptive actions to convince theCubans of imminent invasion would be emphasized. Our militaryposture throughout execution of the plan will allow a rapidchange from exercise to intervention if Cuban response Justifies.
2. A series of well coordinated incidents will be plannedto take place in and around Guantanamo 'to' give genuineappearance of being done by hostile Cuban forces.a. Incidents to establish a credible attack (not inchronological order):
(1) Start rumors (many). Use clandestine radio.
(2) Land friendly Cubans in uniform "over-the-fence"to stage attack on base.
(3) Capture Cuban (friendly) saboteurs inside the
(4) Start riots near the base main gate (friendlyCubans).
5) Blow up ammunition inside the base; start fires.
(6) Burn aircraft on air base (sabotage).
(7) Lob mortar shells from outside of base into base.Some damage to installations.
(8) Capture assault teams approaching from the seaor vicinity of Guantanamo City.
(9) Capture militia group which storms the base.(10) Sabotage ship in harbor; large fires — napthalene.(11) Sink ship near harbor entrance. Conduct funeralsfor mock-victims (may be lieu of
(10)).b. United States would respond by executing offensiveoperations to secure water and power supplies, destroyingartillery and mortar emplacements which threaten the base.c. Commence large scale United States military operations.3. A "Remember the Maine" incident could be arranged inseveral forms:a. We could blow up a US ship in Guantanamo Bay andblame Cuba.b. We could blow up a drone (unmanned) vessel anywherein the Cuban waters. We could arrange to cause such incidentin the vloinity of Havana or Santiago as a spectacular resultof Cuban attack from the air or sea, or both. The presenceof Cuban planes or ships merely investigating the intent ofthe vessel could be fairly compelling evidenoe that the shipwas taken under attack. The nearness to Havana or Santiago■would add credibility especially to those people that mighthave heard the blast or have seen the fire. The US oouldfollow up with an air/sea rescue operation covered by USfighters to "evaouate" remaining members of the non-existentcrew. Casualty lists in US newspapers would cause a helpfulwave of national indignation.4. We could develop a Communist Cuban terror campaign intrie Miami area, in other Florida cities and even in Washington.